The other night I was lying in bed wide awake at about 2:00 in the morning. Do you know what I was thinking about? The hideous wood-paneling in my living and dining room. HID-E-OUS. I really despise it, but there's not much I can do because the house is just a rental...sigh...
Someone that I follow on Instagram posted a picture of their quick-fix design wall. She had stapled Warm 'N Natural quilt batting on her walls, which in my opinion was pure genius. I started fantasizing about doing the same to my walls. I laid there awake, picturing the blocks and partial quilts that I could pin up there and how pretty it would look. Then I imagined the splatter of ketchup that could easily happen with the resident four-and-a-half year old and how pretty that would not look. Then I imagined the price tag for all of that batting and well, I knew it wasn't going to happen.
But how could I make my walls nice? There had to be a way to cover them. I really dislike the background that it creates, and how orange it makes everything appear in pictures, especially at night. So I was awake, yet I was dreaming. Dreaming of all of my talented friends and my fabric stash and this super sweet little mini quilt that my friend gave me. (picture tomorrow...it's dark already so now the lighting sucks.) And, I had an idea when I woke up: I'll make a bunch of mini quilts in all sizes and style! Yeah! It's perfect! Buuuut...it'll take a really long time and I kinda want them all now. What to do, what to do. I GOT IT! I'll host a mini quilt swap because everyone likes a swap, right? And we all love our Happy Mail, so why not? I say we do this. Tell your friends, have them tell their friends, let's make stuff for each other, it'll be awesome. Quick, sign up and then go take a peek at the quilts I'm showing you here. Gather your inspiration and get ready! This will be more fun than...I don't know...it'll be more fun than most things, how's that?
So, here we go with the guidelines/suggestions:
1. You will be assigned a partner according to the answers you submit, so think carefully!
2. Be sure to give as much information as possible so your swap is a happy success.
3. Quilts can be as small as 6"x6" and as big as 24"x24".
4. This is a secret swap, give us sneak peeks or even full views, but don't tag your partner!
5. Due dates to have your mini quilt in the mail is Friday, November 15. This gives you two months to get through quilt market, finish up your WIP's, clear your cutting table off and stock your shelves.
6. Because the ship-by date is so far off, and this is a secret swap, please make every effort to send your swap between November 8-15 to keep the secret a surprise. (although, I'm not sure this is the right way to do it for a secret swap, does anyone have any thoughts on this?)
7. Come join the Flickr group to share all of your pictures, gather ideas and meet up with new and current friends.
8. Use the hashtag #schnitzelandboominiquiltswap to check out what everyone else is doing.
9. Feel free to send goodies with your Quilts, if you want. It is nice, but NOT necessary, so don't feel obligated to do so and don't feel bad if you don't.
10. HAVE FUN!
11. Follow the link below to sign up:
|*This is the quilt that Kathy gave me*|
PS The quilts above are not my creations.
They are linked to the rightful owners, and posted here for your inspiration.