PS Did I mention that this is my own recipe?
Pumpkin Pecan Muffins
Makes 1 1/2 dozen
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin (if using fresh pumpkin, omit water)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans, divided
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 400*.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat sugar, brown sugar, oil, eggs, pumpkin and water, if using abd vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda, spices and salt in a seperate bowl. Add to pumpkin mixture; blend well. Stir in 1 cup chopped pecans.
- Spoon into greased muffin tins, filling 3/4 full. Sprinkle with remaining pecans.